Product Manager, Creator Experience
SoundCloud | Berlin, DE
Posted here April 30
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world's largest audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what's new, now and next in music and audio. We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Creator Experience group, which drives the company's vision to make SoundCloud indispensable to Creators at every stage of their career.
In this position, you will work with the teams in our Creators Group to identifying new product opportunities, make impactful improvements to our existing features and functionality to better serve creators, and influence the product strategy for SoundCloud's creator business.
In addition to working cross-functionally with engineering, you will closely collaborate with the engineering, marketing, community, and design teams. You'll also be joining a growing team of creative and dedicated PMs.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about music, have experience in or a desire to learn about the music industry, and may even be a SoundCloud creator themselves (not required). We build experiences for emerging creators and world renowned superstars, and everyone in between, with a special focus on UGC.
Here are additional details about the product manager we are looking for:
- At least 4 years experience in a product role, in addition to 2+ years experience working in the tech or music industry in a non-product role. You have a proven record of shipping products.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, as well as a high level of comfort leading workshops and presentations with a diverse group of stakeholders and teams.
- You are comfortable making decisions in a complex business environment.
- You have a sense of curiosity and a passion for eliciting creativity and innovation within the teams with whom you work.
- Strong analytical skills are a must. A strong understanding of A/B testing best practices is preferred, and a passion for unpacking qualitative data to drive product strategy is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage projects and make the right tradeoffs with shifting priorities. You excel at managing your own time and like to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You excel at creating impactful and actionable documentation. You take pride in creating thorough, impactful, and actionable product requirements documents, post-release analysis, and product decks, etc.
- You don't need to have a technical background, but you have a successful working relationship with with engineering teams. You don't need a background in design or UXR. You have strong user empathy.
- You are a proven team player with a keen sense of what helps us build and grow healthy, diverse, and high-performing teams.
If this describes you, we'd love to chat.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...