Product Manager - Music & Content Library
Netflix | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here March 5
Netflix is a pioneer in the entertainment industry and a global provider of streaming video content, now reaching over 125 million subscribers spread across nearly every country on the planet. Our customers consume billions of hours of content per month on a myriad of devices, and business continues to grow rapidly as we focus on penetrating key international markets.
For 2018, we’re planning to spend $8 billion on films, TV shows, and other exciting content, much of which will be branded Netflix Originals. As we venture to become the world’s greatest movie studio, we must successfully develop studio in the cloud tools that will keep us nimble and effective. To that end, our Content Engineering organization is a quickly expanding, critical part of the business.
Content Engineering owns all applications built internally to assist various Netflix Studio teams, and we are looking for a Product Manager to support Music Rights & the larger Legal teams. Leaning on a proven track record in product management with large-scale enterprises, we expect this leader to drive our efforts in building Music Rights from the ground up. This involves building a system that allows content creators, aggregators, and digital music service to identify, track and pay royalties to music publishers.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to innovate in the legal space to introduce efficiencies in their workflows, especially on the contract management lifecycle front. We are looking for a Product Manager with an innovative mindset to transform our contract repository into a true contract management system supporting all of Netflix’s Business Units. This requires you to connect the dots across the business units to establish the relationship between contracts and leverage this data to build efficiencies in how contracts are captured and managed.
In this role you will
- Be highly aligned with the Rights Management & Legal teams to understand their business goals so you can lead the development of more efficient and effective supporting tools.
- Expand your knowledge beyond content acquisition world and establish strong relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure streamlined processes and products.
- Collaborate across product, design, and engineering teams to help scale a quickly growing studio operation.
- Ultimately make our app users’ lives simpler thanks to system solutions, allowing them to focus on the most meaningful tasks that will make Netflix the world’s best studio.
- The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and you are empowered to prioritize and make decisions to drive impact for the business.
Here Is What We Are Looking For
- A strong, independent contributor who is comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in uncharted territory and also has curiosity to learn a complex business area.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
- A history of leveraging both automation and operations teams to scale execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for comprehensive business and product documentation.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and energy for delivering successful, impactful products.
View full listing here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...