Warner Music Group | Burbank, CA
Posted here February 12
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Digital Operations is a cross-functional team that sits at the center of Warner Music Group within the Artist Services division. We support our frontline labels and territory teams in their mission to bring our artists’ music to millions of fans around the world. We’re the backbone of the marketing team, delivering project management, governance, and production functions that efficiently scales with quality and consistency. With a solid foundation in existing technology stacks, databases, content management systems, and CRM tools, we bring our expertise to existing projects and adapt nimbly to new challenges.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Project Manager is a key part of the team and is responsible for leading, documenting, and managing complex and high-profile projects and creative campaigns across various channels, including but not limited to web, ecommerce, email and other marketing platforms. You will manage campaigns that will reach millions of music fans around the world and contribute to the success of some of the best and biggest artists. You’ll work with a talented and data driven team of Project Managers, Digital Designers, UX Designers, Developers, CRM Managers, Email Production Specialists, and Digital Marketers. If you love music, technology, and the internet, this job is for you.
Here you’ll get to:
- Work with the project team to understand scope and requirements; review materials, timelines, guidelines, activities, and documentation.
- Monitor timelines and progress of projects to ensure efficient, on-time delivery of work while being able to assess and address any issues or concerns that may impact the success of the project.
- Regularly and effectively communicate to cross-functional team members about project status.
- Work with developers and engineers to assess, document, and resolve any technical challenges affecting websites or web stores.
- Gather development/design requirements and manage scope creep through change control, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time and on budget.
- Delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to development team.
- Understand the user experience in each project and ensure the fan journey is seamless.
- Ensure privacy policies and legal guidelines are enforced.
Rockstar candidates have:
- 3 – 5 years of Project Management experience.
- A strong understanding of the various methods: Agile, Lean, Kanban, and Waterfall.
- Experience running daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools (Basecamp, JIRA, Gantt Charts).
- Developed and written comprehensive project plans, production schedules, budget estimates and similar project artifacts.
- Understanding of creative and development processes; knowledge of technology architectures, and requirements across digital platforms including but not limited to web, mobile, and CRM.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with ability to initiate and drive improvements.
- Proven ability to motivate, support, and collaborate with various teams. You can easily work with everyone from digital designers to tech developers to digital marketers.
- Experience in excelling within fast-paced, high energy environments.
- Ability to execute and manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Have a keen sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills.
- Experience using a content management system (CMS), such as Drupal and other web tools/platforms.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3 – 5 years related experience in a digital, media, or software development organization
- Experience creating new JIRA workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...