Record Label Operations Intern
Chesky Records | New York, NY
Posted here April 23
Chesky Records is a GRAMMY award winning New York based Audiophile label that specializes in Binaural recordings of Jazz, Classical, and Singer-songwriter recordings. Currently celebrating its 30th year, the label’s roster includes artists such as Macy Gray, Chuck Mangione, Rebecca Pidgeon, Paquito D’Rivera, and countless others. The Label Operations Intern will assist with long term projects as well as the daily functions of running an independent record label. The position will report to the Label Manager, and also work directly with Legal Department, and owners Norman Chesky and GRAMMY winning Producer and Composer, David Chesky. Additional tasks may be assigned for our sister company, HDtracks, the leading digital download store for high resolution music.
Hours: Part-time, 2-3 days per week
Credit/Paid: Paid internship. College students also receiving college credit preferred.
Job Responsibilities (Non-Exhaustive):
- Assist Label Manager with radio promotion and press outreach
- Execute physical mailing to press and radio
- Archive releases in digital and physical masters vault
- Meta data entry
- General correspondence for owner(s)
- Assist with video shoots and editing (depending on level of video experience). Any editing will receive a credit on the finished video product.
- Occasional errands (post office deliveries, equipment or master tape deliveries)
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Completing or completed undergraduate degree (preferably in Music or Business)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Google Docs & Google Sheets
- Familiarity with meta data
- Video & Photo editing experience a major plus (but not required)
- Knowledge of Jazz & Classical music also a plus
To Apply: Please send your resume, reason for your interest, and favorite Chesky artist, to Jeff Lanier at email@example.com
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...