Songtrust | New York, NY
Posted here February 12
Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.Our platform represents more than 125,000 users worldwide and we are growing at a rate faster than any other publisher ever. Our platform has enabled the collection of royalties from over 20,000 unique sources in over 120 countries.
We are looking for a Royalty Coordinator to join our royalty and income tracking team. We strive to provide our songwriters and artist clients with an extraordinary rights management service. This individual will be focused on processing incoming royalty statements, preparing outgoing client royalty statements, maintaining client accounts and income tracking for select Songtrust clients. The work of the Royalty Coordinator will directly contribute to our goal of being the leading rights management firm in the industry.
- Process incoming royalty statements;
- Prepare outgoing client royalty statements;
- Maintain client accounts;
- Royalty reconciliation; and
- Identify discrepancies & tracking income
- Passion for music, numbers and details
- Solid background (1-2 years) in music publishing royalty accounting
- A strong command of Counterpoint Music Maestro a plus
- A strong analytical mind and a love of Excel
- A strong desire to improve music publishing and rights management processes
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and exceptional teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high productivity environment with tight deadlines
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...