Spotify | Boston, MA
Posted here April 23
Sales Planning Team Mission: Our mission is to ensure our customers achieve their goals, while also maximizing Spotify’s revenue, ultimately driving our path to profitability. We do this through expert campaign management, efficient processes, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and celebrating our band’s success.
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for an outstanding Sales Planner that will join our Americas Ad Sales team. You will be responsible for assisting the full sales cycle from pre-sales to campaign execution to post-sale. This role includes strategic planning, brainstorming, expert product knowledge, project management, analysis, storytelling and driving incremental revenue. You must be professional, organized and motivated as well as have the drive to succeed in a dynamic, competitive environment. You will be a reliable and crucial market team member with comprehensive platform knowledge who can anticipate client and sales team needs. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Review client RFP requests and collaborate with market team to create strong sales proposals with the goal of driving revenue and retention
- Become Spotify’s product and process expert, communicating accurate details, such as campaign details, ad specifications and creative lead times, to advertisers and agencies
- Be well-versed in and able to assess industry forecasts and data to drive retention and establish Spotify as a consultative partner
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional teams to act as liaison and provide clients and market team with any necessary yield requirements, inventory trends, campaign insights and execution best practices
- Adapt and adhere to established internal best practice guidelines, processes, and structure as outlined by Spotify’s sales strategy
- Liaise and partner with cross-functional internal teams including Ad Operations, Creative Solutions, Finance, Pricing and Yield, Ad Policy and Product Marketing to deliver cohesive best-in-class customer service to key clients
- Partner closely with market team and regional leads in account planning exercises including the quarterly bottoms up process and upfront negotiations to evaluate client business needs to drive revenue
- Collaborate daily with Client Service Manager and Ad Operations teams to monitor campaign performance, identify optimizations and proactively upsell incremental recommendations to clients, ensuring campaign delivery and success
- Have a strong knowledge of the programmatic landscape, taking the lead on managing successful PMP and PG campaigns for advertisers
- Collaborate with Ad Operations and market team to provide clients and sales team with necessary campaign reporting, including in-flight and post-campaign analysis
- Contribute to sales presentations by preparing key data points, historical findings and relevant advertiser research
- Regularly attend and participate in client meetings and client entertainment
- Document client interactions in CRM, following the identified sales strategy processes
- Report to Regional Sales Planning Manager
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business
- You have at least 2 years of experience in digital planning and buying while also having solid industry knowledge and a desire to learn more about the digital media industry
- You are passionate about digital strategy and growing within the sales organization
- You will be a passionate, accountable, creative, and team-focused individual that exemplifies the values and responsibilities of the Spotify sales strategy
- You demonstrate the ability to think creatively, sell strategically, proactively problem solve and efficiently communicate internally and externally
- You have the ability to gracefully translate client requests to internal cross-functional partner teams
- You have a reputation of being a superstar digital planner (or similar sales support function) that provides world class customer service while maintaining a cool, calm and collected demeanor
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed oriented environment
- You are a highly organized and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail, that can work independently within a team focused organization
- You believe in the power of teamwork, and are a team player
- You have experience working within CRMs, Order Management Systems, ad servers and other digital media tech systems
- You have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and are eager to refine and develop these skills
- You have excellent dexterity in excel and powerpoint
- You have strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...