Senior Advertising and Music Marketing Associate
Downtown Music Publishing | New York, NY
Posted here January 16
Founded in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms, headquartered in New York with offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The company’s catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Bruce Springsteen, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, Cy Coleman, Social Distortion, Sturgill Simpson, and Carla Bruni. The company’s technology platform, Songtrust, powers global royalty collection from over 100 countries and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Advertising and Music Marketing Associate to join our New York City team. This unique individual will report directly to our EVP and will primarily focus on, amongst many things, promoting and licensing the Downtown catalog to advertising and brand clients on the East Coast.
What will you be doing?:
- Promote and license the Downtown catalog to advertising and brand clients on the East Coast
- Meet sales and productivity goals linked to the above task
- Craft marketing strategies for the promotion of the Downtown catalog to brands and advertisers
- Provide requested data that allows management to measure effectiveness
- When needed, attend meetings, concerts, meals, and any other event in the name of client relations as an advocate for Downtown’s advertising sync department
- Assist in planning events in New York linked to the promotion of our catalog for sync licensing.
- Speak on panels and attend conferences as directed on behalf of Downtown’s advertising sync department
- Passionate for music, marketing, and details
- Solid background (6-8+ years) in music publishing, advertising, marketing, or strategic planning
- A strong desire to improve music publishing and rights management processes
- Resourceful, flexible and have exceptional teamwork skills
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...