Senior Art Director, Editorial Design
Spotify | New York, NY
Posted here April 23
We’re searching for an experienced Art Director/Graphic Designer to lead our Editorial Design vision in the Americas. Editorial Design is part of Central Design in Spotify and are working across organisations with Product, Brand, Marketing, and the Content teams. We are setting global design standards for how we package content (music, videos, podcast +more) in product.
What you’ll do
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with program managers, business owners, producers, and the brand and marketing teams to craft elegant and practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Lead design projects across the entire content lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- You craft multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Work from our office in New York with travel to Stockholm and Los Angeles on a semi-regular basis.
Who you are
- You’re a system thinking designer with 8+ years of related experience, working on brand identity and design at scale and are an incredible designer with a strong attention to detail. Experience working with brand identities is a requirement.
- You’re a phenomenal communicator. You have the interpersonal skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the experience of mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible skills, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have a passion for music and culture and aren’t afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible in digital design.
- You probably have experience of leading a smaller design team
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...