Senior Coordinator, Copyright Administration
BMG - The New Music Company | Nashville, TN or New York, NY
Posted here July 30
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Work at BMG
As the Senior Coordinator, Copyright Administration you will be responsible for the following items:
USCO Copyright Registration & Recordation
- Complete and submit Copyright Registrations to the United States Copyright Office for all BMG-controlled compositions and recordings that are delivered to the Copyright department for the purpose of USCO registration.
- Record assignments and/or other relevant documents with the United States Copyright Office.
Recoupable Cost Tracking & Analysis
- Track, calculate, and submit recoupable costs to Royalties and Finance departments for all USCO-related Registration and Recordation costs.
USCO IT Development Coordination
- Assist and coordinate with IT team on ongoing process to develop solutions and new tools to make the registration process more efficient.
Data Maintenance & Procedure Monitoring
- File Uniform Commercial Code documentation with state Secretary of State, where necessary.
- Liaise with Creative, Legal & Business Affairs, and Copyright departments as necessary on incomplete information.
- Maintaining relevant USCO data and documentation across BMG systems.
- Monitor and advise of changes in USCO policies, procedures, costs, etc.
Review, research and provide timely responses to rights queries and information requests. Including, but not limited to those from:
- BMG US business functions (e.g. Royalty Processing, Synch/Marketing, Business Affairs, Creative.)
- BMG writers and clients.
- BMG sub-publishers and affiliates.
- Business partners (e.g. Hal Leonard.)
- Performing/Mechanical rights societies.
- 3rd party writers and publishers.
Assist in maintaining and developing the relationships with admin customers and partners. Including, but not limited to:
- Performing rights organizations.
- Industry organizations.
- Engage in and handle other ongoing processes or ad-hoc projects as business needs dictate or as assigned by supervisor.
- Miscellaneous Information Service Projects.
- Supervision of temporary employees and interns as necessary.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...