Senior Manager, Artist & Label Services
SoundCloud | London, GB
Posted here July 9
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence whats new, now and next in music and audio.
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Artist & Label Services based in London with responsibility to develop, maintain and nurture relationships with SoundClouds UK (and EU) artist, management and label community and grow their use and understanding of the SoundCloud platform. You will provide key insights into partner needs on the platform, with a focus on expanding SoundCloud's relationships with the music industry. You will also serve as an evangelist for SoundCloud and work across internal teams.
The ideal candidate will understand the music streaming landscape and have strong relationships across the creator community - including artists, managers, songwriters, producers, agents, record labels and distributors - and significant experience working directly with these partners.
- Identifying, building and maintaining relationships with key artists, managers, producers, label and distributor partners, at varying levels of success and across genres
- Day-to-day management of SoundClouds existing relationships with a designated cohort of music industry partners.
- Drive business analysis of key performance indicators for managed partners
- Representing SoundCloud to the creator and label communities through meetings, check-ins and updates on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for communicating how the creative community can best use SoundCloud to grow their career, engage with and grow their fan base, and monetize on the platform
- Problem solving for members of our artist, label & distributor community.
- Work cross-functionally with Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR, Editorial, & Product, teams within SoundCloud
- Using data and industry knowledge, work to identify partners for further engagement
- Representing SoundCloud at key industry events
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience within the music industry working with artists, managers, producers, labels and distributors of all levels, across genres
- Strong connections and contacts in the UK and the EU
- Deep knowledge of current music, digital and industry trends, and are a passionate SoundCloud user.
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about partner needs.
- Youre a confident and personable self-starter.
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal/team skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
This role will work closely with US and European based teams. This role will require some travel.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...