Social Media Coordinator
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum | Nashville, TN
Posted here February 5
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum has an opening for a full-time exempt Social Media Coordinator within the marketing department.
Company Overview: The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum seeks to collect, preserve, and interpret the evolving history and traditions of country music. Through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, the museum teaches its diverse audiences about the enduring beauty and cultural importance of country music.
Reporting to the Social Media Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will play an integral role in executing the social media needs of institutional and internal clients to ensure that best-of-class social media marketing practices and real-time engagement are applied and institution brand standards are met to support the many goals and objectives of the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, Historic RCA Studio B, and Hatch Show Print. This position provides great opportunity to experience digital marketing, content distribution, social media design/production, analytics and metrics.
Specific Job Duties
- Manage the day-to-day content planning, scheduling, real-time monitoring and engagement for Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Historic RCA Studio B, and Hatch Show Print’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Manage the content calendar with the Social Media Marketing Manager to ensure all social platforms are populated with engaging content that supports the institutional and internal clients’ goals and mission
- Cross-promotional marketing between different divisions of company through social platforms
- Pitch creative ideas to increase engagement, grow follower base, and increase traffic to site/ticket sales
- Produce social media content through social graphics and gifs
- Help improve inter-departmental knowledge through market research activities to better understand social media marketing and content distribution, competitive landscape, and emerging market trends through social media best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communication or related field required
- Prior hospitality, tourism, not for profit, publishing, digital content, agency or related experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years social media marketing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and well-versed in fundamental digital marketing metrics and calculations
- Experience running paid social media campaigns preferred but not required
- Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion. Periodic nights and weekends required.
- Ability to squat, lift and carry marketing materials and supplies may be necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Analytics, Photoshop, social media marketing software and online applications (Falcon.io, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insights and analytics, Business Manager, Metltwater, Basecamp)
Relationships & Roles
- Exhibit the capability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Actively listen to all parties
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Create a positive work culture: build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, promote innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Sustain rapport with all support departments
Additional Skills / Desired Characteristics
- Highly innovative and creative, self-starter with strong business acumen
- Strong eye for visual content development (social graphics, gifs, galleries, etc.)
- Must be a team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including email communication
- Ability to work individually and with cross-functional teams to develop consensus within diverse groups and drive results
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses outstanding follow through skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...