Specialist, Distribution & Administration Services
BMI | Nashville, TN
Posted here June 18
Demonstrate expertise in the software, systems, processes and procedures necessary to carry out specialized departmental functions. Facilitate business processes that drive accurate and timely royalty payments.
Functions Of The Job
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to the business functions of this position.
- Recommend changes to procedures and process flows.
- Assist team leader and manager in establishing new procedures.
- Develop awareness of and familiarity with issues affecting the department, and/or its customers.
- Give guidance to the team by answering technical and procedural questions.
- Train new team members as requested.
- Assign work to staff as requested.
- Assist with data collection and analysis.
- Assist with analysis of software, system tools, and reports.
- Handle relevant day to day operations inquiries.
- Carry out specialized operational functions for business processes including but not limited to: registration, identification, imaging and data procurement.
- Participate and contribute to high profile projects.
- Work in other areas of the department as needed or assigned.
- Actively participate in ongoing training.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
- Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
- Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate, or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with concentration in music business.
- Foreign language preferred.
- Knowledge of at least three musical genres. More genres preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in music business, music publishing, or related field.
- Music business related internships preferred.
- Experience in document retrieval software preferred.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer navigation skills including Word, Excel
- Fast learner
- Attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Relationship management
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog