Strategic Marketing Manager (Team: Brand Partnerships, UTA Music Division)
United Talent Agency | Nashville, TN
Posted here October 4
Team: The music brand partnerships team is a marketing division responsible for creating nontraditional sales and marketing platforms for UTA’s roster of music artists. That includes driving incremental promotional and revenue opportunities through integrated marketing partnerships, endorsements, sponsorships, licensing, original content, merchandising, influencer marketing and live performance. The music brand partnerships team also assists in artist signings, creating strategic alliances with brands and advertising communities, and providing consultative services to corporate clients. The team is also the music divisions cross company liaison for all UTA brand teams.
Role: The Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and managing brand and agency partnerships for UTA’s Music roster in Nashville. This includes endorsements, sponsorships, and promotional marketing programs.
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in strategic marketing, partner marketing, and business development, preferably in country music
- Must have a deep understanding of brands and agencies in the Nashville area
- Track record of successfully closing new business and developing and maintaining client relationships
- Extensive experience in contract negotiations and marketing program development and execution
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Superb written and verbal communications skills and an always on can do attitude
- Ability to create impeccable marketing assets and presentations
- Rigorous analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire and capacity to operate in an incredibly fast-paced, multifaceted, demanding environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
- College degree or equivalent required, focus in music or marketing preferred
- Overseas all brand and agency partnerships for UTA Music’s Nashville roster
- Accountable for achieving revenue and promotional goals set by music partnerships team
- Serve as the expert and champion for UTA and its music clients across internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expert direction and oversight across strategy development, contract negotiations/management, and marketing activation development/executions
- Prospect, cold call, qualify, and develop relationships with brands and agencies in the Nashville area
- Assist in client pursuits with the music team and across all internal divisions
- Create and manage event series in Nashville for music and brand clients
- Serve as the expert and leader in the music brand partnerships space for internal and external stakeholders
- Impeccable customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple accounts and projects at any given time
- Creative out of the box thinker with a business/marketing mindset who is always proactive and comes to the table with new ideas and new ways of thinking
To apply email Kate.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.