Strategy Operations Lead
Spotify | New York, NY
Posted here February 19
We are looking for an individual who want to join Spotify’s PMO/Strategy Operations team. The team manages the process through which Spotify sets its long-term strategic direction and figures out how to get there. Our aim is to create the optimal operating model for balancing creativity and innovation with speedy and focused execution.
You will help create tools and context to help people in the organization do more of the right things better and faster. Your work will involve designing, managing and constantly improving our framework that help stakeholders understand Spotify’s mission, vision and objectives, and how their work fits into those models.
What you’ll do
- Continually assess Spotify’s most important strategic and operational challenges, and improve our understanding of the way things work at Spotify.
- Work with the Spotify Rhythm to identify, prioritize and lead continuous improvement on our strategic planning and our execution model.
- Work with Company Bets and support our Company Bet Program Managers in their work where they lead and execute on the initiatives.
- Be a spokesperson for the team to foster communication and collaboration between our team and other functional teams, program leaders and our senior leadership.
- Act as a strong communicator and trainer of the Spotify Rhythm and the different elements within the Rhythm.
- Build and nurture strong networks within Spotify to make our operations world-class.
- Cultivate a safe and positive environment for our team through effective prioritization, team advocacy, thought leadership and empathy.
- Structure, develop and communicate data-driven, insightful, and compelling theory, hypotheses, tests and recommendations on improving operational issues at the company for senior stakeholders at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are a passionate problem solver with an agile mindset and have a track record of creating environments that help people do meaningful work
- You think, act and communicate clearly and confidently with your team members and stakeholders across the company. You are comfortable partnering with individual contributors, vendors and C-level executives.
- You prioritize regularly and work iteratively to maximize positive organizational impact
- You have demonstrable experience of working on critical, highly visible projects and thriving even when given a short timeline
- You learn quickly and help your team to do so too
- You care deeply about operational efficiency
- You “work out loud”, making your work-in-progress visible and receptive to constant feedback
- You are a curious person actively seeking inspiration and engaging in discussion on new operational and organizational theories, technologies and business challenges
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the Bestie Blog