Synch Licensing Admin Assistant
Kobalt Music | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here April 23
The Synch Licensing Admin Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the US-based synch department of Kobalt Music Publishing and AWAL. This role reports to the Director, Synch Clearance and Vice President, Clearance & Synch Licensing Administration.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What does a sync licensing admin at Kobalt do?
- Enter all North America based synch deals into Kobalt’s synch database – outlining and capturing the material terms for all incoming Film, TV, Advertising, Video Game and Trailer requests
- Communicate effectively with the creative and clearance team to make sure the relevant details for all deals are accurate
- Maintain and update the status of synchs within the Kobalt synch database, as needed and required
- Process a high volume of correspondence on incoming synchs in an accurate and thorough manner including uploading all backup documentation
- Troubleshoot split discrepancies and work with negotiators and client admin team to overcome issues
- Develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database
- Handle general synch requests and explain the synch licensing process to prospective licensees for non-profits, gratis and student requests, or other projects as designated
- Co-manage LA based synch interns
- Provide back-up to the LA based receptionist
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum one year experience working in the music industry
- Previous experience working with music licensing is preferred
- Working knowledge of music copyright is ideal
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in person and via email
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...