MN2S | Miami, FL
Posted here April 9
The Talent Agent at MN2S (www.MN2S.com) is a full-time, fully engaged position with a dynamic and growing international talent booking agency with the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of their entry into the North and South American market. The final candidate will be a strong team player with an established roster of talent and a passion for the business. We are looking for someone with 2+ years of experience who is all about the artists that he or she represents and is accustomed to providing service that is second to none in the industry. The Talent Agent will be trustworthy, loyal, enthusiastic, authentic and organized in an industry where these characteristics are very rare. An excellent communicator and problem solver, we expect that the final candidate will be “client centric” while achieving, if not exceeding, his or her booking fee and artist development targets. This is a new position in a startup organization where the longer-term opportunities and upside for earnings and development are unlimited. The Talent Agent is needed to start immediately after a thorough and rigorous interview process with extensive reference and background checks to be completed. Only qualified candidates who are proactive in their booking approach and want to work for a progressive, collaborative and professional booking agency need apply.
- Achieving or exceeding pre-determined monthly revenue, artist and event booking targets.
- Proactively developing new artists and adding to the company’s established international roster.
- Developing strong and lasting relationships with artists, buyers, promoters and other customers.
- Tracking leads, sales funnels and all talent booking communications with the company’s Overture Booking Agent Platform and InfusionSoft CRM System,
- Integrating with the MN2S Team on all levels of the organization and providing training, orientation and development to those Agents that join the Miami office.
- Demonstrating all of the Core Values of the company on a day-to-day basis in all activities.
- Leveraging all of the resources of the company to help achieve stretch goals.
- Over delivering in customer service while performing at ever higher levels of transparency.
- Negotiating contracts, payment and other crucial information for the artists.
- Maintaining and updating artists’ performance calendars on an ongoing basis.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Motivations
The final candidate will have great communication skills, both written and verbal, and preferably completed a Bachelor’s degree, but not necessary if he or she has the perquisite industry experience of 2+ years as a successful talent booking agent, preferably with music industry credentials. The candidate must be proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, savvy enough to learn the company’s CRM and talent booking systems and is ready to do so from Day One. The finalist will have a passion for the music and entertainment industry, can execute tasks in a well-organized fashion, is proactive, has a thick skin and won’t take rejection personally. We are looking for an Agent that is driven, tenacious, has the ability to get things done, is confident, and does not let minor disappointments get him or her down. Spanish fluency is desired, but not required.
Bottom line: We are looking for a rock star that is all about self-improvement, is open minded, still wants to learn something new every day, is grounded and humble in their approach with artists. He or she likes to build relationships and rapport both internally and externally with artists, clients and customers. He or she must also want to learn from their mistakes quickly and move on, always looking for success in the next deal if they failed in the last one. They must be resilient, keep pushing forward and not afraid to make multiple attempts to secure the artist or the booking event that they have in their sights. While we prefer that the finalist come with their own established artists, the willingness to build up or build a new roster is what’s important. We want a Talent Agent that is positive, willing to work hard that will be rewarded generously for their hard work, creatively and the commitment they have to this assignment.
Reporting Relationships, Compensation, Benefits and Location
This position reports directly to the Agency Director and Founder of MN2S who is based in both Miami and London. The company will provide a generous and competitive, performance-based cash compensation package with company benefits bespoke to the industry. The position is located in the company’s new offices in the Brickell section of Miami, Florida. Relocation will be provided to the final candidate, as needed, with a preference for candidates already based in the Miami area.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...