Building Beats | New York, NY
Posted here October 2
Building Beats, an educational non-profit teaching underserved youth in NYC how to DJ and make beats with low-cost, DIY tools. We are currently partnered with over 20 schools and community centers throughout the city, and are looking to hire new Workshop Leaders to teach for us in the upcoming school year.
- Strong youth facilitation skills, elementary-to-high school classroom experience preferred.
- Background in music technology and experience as an independent DJ/producer.
- Passionate about civil rights and educational reform through the arts and extracurricular enrichment.
- Ability to plan and execute weekly/bi-weekly lessons, term-based class projects, and creatively engage youth in the art of beatmaking/DJing.
- NYC-based, with ability to commute 1-3 times a week to sites in all boroughs of the city.
Pay is at a competitive hourly rate. We also connect our teaching artists to professional development opportunities. If interested, please reply to Eddie with your resume, cover letter (optional), and links to any artist profiles.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.